At Inn Supplies we’ve always stocked a wide range of specific biodegradable products or compostable alternatives to traditional items. Over the past year we’ve worked hard at expanding this range, there’s now more choice than ever before for customers that specifically require biodegradable items.
Moving towards biodegradable alternatives is a topic that has attracted huge media focus over the past 6 months in particular, the aim being to reduce landfill waste and litter from discarded packaging.
Our range of compostable and biodegradable catering products currently includes the following:
- Round Biodegradable Plates
- Square Biodegradable Plates
- Biodegradable Bowls
- Biodegradable Food Boxes
- Biodegradable Paper Cups
- Biodegradable Soup Cups
- Biodegradable Plastic Cutlery
In addition to these, many other items from our catalogue are inherently biodegradable due to being made from 100% recycled paper:
- Paper Tablecloths
- Paper Napkins
- Cup Sleeves
Products can be classed as biodegradable for several reasons, for our range this boils down to:
- Made from 100% paper; this will degradable naturally and completely as it contains no other additives or coating.
- Produced from an alternative material that doesn’t require a coating. Sugarcane / Bagasse is a good example of this. These are made from sugarcane pulp which is 100% biodegradable.
- Featuring a coating that is designed to be biodegradable / compostable. Our biodegradable paper cups use a PLA corn starch coating instead of the more common Polyethylene plastic coating.
- Items using an additive. Our biodegradable cutlery uses an additive called Addiflex which makes the plastic compostable.
As an ethical supplier of catering disposables we’re always keen to offer environmentally friendly options to customers. We also have a strict policy for sourcing disposables than are ethically produced and from sustainable resources.
Our team are also happy to offer advice on our biodegradable items, simply get in touch for more information.